Tuesday 10 January 2017

IELTS General Writing Task 1: Emailing to the bank's head office

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

You have received a letter from your bank, asking you to acknowledge receipt of a new bank card. However, the card was missing from the envelope.

Write a letter to the bank's head office. In your letter:
  • explain why you are writing 
  • express concern about the missing card 
  • ask them what they intend to do 
Write at least 150 words.

You do NOT need to write any address.

Begin your letter as follows:

Dear __________

Dear Sir / Madam

I am writing in connection with a missing or stolen debit card from your bank. This is an urgent matter as the bank card could prove dangerous in the hands of the wrong person.

Just yesterday, I received a letter from your bank's head office. It stated that my new bank card was enclosed and asked me to acknowledge receipt. However, when the envelope arrived in my mailbox, it was in a tattered state. More importantly, the debit card which was supposed to be included, was missing. I checked and rechecked around the mailbox, but found nothing. I am concerned that someone has gone through my mail and possibly stolen the card.

For this reason I request that you cancel the existing debit card immediately. The debit card in question is related to my account number 64729401 at your Bay and Bloor branch. After it has been cancelled, please arrange to send me a new one, as I need to travel overseas next week and will need to carry the new bank card with me.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Yours faithfully,

Ms Brenda Holster

(172 words)

Source: http://www.goodluckielts.com/sample-IELTS-letter-002.html

No comments :